Enjoy the luxury of authentic Mongolian yurt in our large gardens at 4km of wonderful beaches
Barbate, Andalucía, Spain
David & Sabina
About this micro camping
Our yurt has been handcrafted in Mongolia in the traditional way, with natural materials like horsehair strings and sheep wool insulation. It's installed on a raised wooden platform covered with carpets, which insulates the soil and provides great comfort.
The yurt is decorated in a simple and charm way, with oriental lamps and bedside tables and a child area with puffs a small table. It has one comfortable double bed and a single additional bed, several sockets with electricity coming from our solar system and wireless internet access.
The central window located on the roof of the yurt, allows the fresh air to circulate and offers the unique experience of watching the stars from your bed.
It has a lot of charm that couples will enjoy for sure as well as families with Kids or small groups of friends who want to spend a few days of tranquility in a natural environment.
In the outside area in front of the yurt there's an outdoor child area for private use, surrounded by trees and bamboo with hammocks to take the sun or reading, shaded areas for an afternoon siesta and a table for breakfast or dinner at candlelight.
Among the yurts described In the 5000m2 gardens surrounding the yurts, there are as well common areas: parking for cars and bicycles to get around in an environmentally and friendly way; playground for the kids; 2 bathrooms equipped with washing machine, hot water and the possibility to take your shower surrounded by our acebuches (local wild olives trees); a large community kitchen fully equipped to cook and where we serve breakfast with local organic products; barbecue and wood oven for pizza nights; porch with couches for cocktails, to eat, enjoy the sunset or playing a board game; rest areas, etc.
We offer the chance to relax and recharge your battery. To wake up with the song of the birds and walk out from your yurt looking at the Natural Park of La Breña. Silence, pure air…
We offer the possibility to enjoy a wonderful environment where you can practice hiking, cycling, horseback riding, surfing, experience whale watching, ornithological routes, etc. These activities can be hired through the Veleta during your stays and we can facilitate maps and detailed dossiers with some complete tourist and cultural information of the area.
As a vital project, we want La Veleta to be consistent with our principles. We believe in sustainable human development, minimizing our environmental impact. We also believe in self-sufficiency.
And we followed these same principles in building all the infrastructure of La Veleta, using natural materials and minimal impact techniques (both yurts and common areas); all the energy we consume comes from our autonomous photovoltaic installation; We treat wastewater with septic ecological tanks and natural filters and we recyclye organic waste for our fields and garden; We use green cleaning products and put at disposal some bicycles for our visitors; We also offer breakfast and baskets based on organic and locally produced, natural cosmetic products homemade beer...
- Family & kids
- Glamping (e.g.: Yurt, Safari tent, Bubble tent)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
We're a selfsuistainable project. So we have some rules to be respected by guests:
- The common spaces (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) are for the enjoyment of all guests. Please Keep them clean and tidy.
- La Veleta is a place to rest and disconnect we ask to respect the rest of the other guests
- Pets are allowed in the property. Smoking in indoor spaces are also not allowed.
- At certain times of year the risk of fire in the area so for the use of barbecue, candles, etc. we must be consulted in advance and request
- In La Veleta we committed to self-reliance and sustainability. The water is well (non-potable) and our electricity comes from solar photovoltaic installation. So they are limited resources that we must all take care. We ask our visitors a conscious consumption of these resources. Therefore the use of hair dryers, irons, toasters or other equipment that have high power consumption is not allowed.
- We reuse the gray water from bathrooms and kitchen so it is mandatory to use shampoos, soap, dishwasher and green cleaning products. If our guests do not have them we can sell them.
- The treatment of sewage in the bathroom is done in an eco pit so we ask you not to throw paper towels, napkins, etc. to the bathroom.
- Our Internet connection is via satellite and has a limited capacity. Therefore, the web browsing, e-mail consultation, etc. can be done without problems but downloading movies, online video, streaming or other memory-intensive utilities are not allowed
- The minimum stay in high season is 3 nights. For shorter stays the extra cost of short stays apply
How to reach this micro camping
We're located in the rural town of St. Ambrosio, between the towns of Barbate and Vejer de la Frontera, on the Costa de la Luz; in the far south of Europe, in front, at few kilometers, Africa.
You can reach the area via the A-48 if you come from Cádiz or the N-340 national road from Algeciras, at about 57 km from Cadiz and 70 km from Jerez Airport. Public transport in the area is scarce, your best option if you arrive by public transport is to take the regular buses that go from Conil (15 km) or Vejer de la Frontera (6 km) going to the nearest cities. The closest train station is San Fernando, about 40 km distance.
We only can pick up guests from airport or train station in exceptional situations. So the cost for this service must be discussed. We recommend rent a car also to move around the area.
Checking in and out
Check-in after 15h (please communicate to us approximate arrival time in advance to welcome you) and check-out after 12h
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
- Horseback riding
- Canoeing / Kayaking