Catch your breath after a hectic day of sightseeing in Bergen
About this micro camping
We are a family of 6 with a passion for the outdoors.
Our grass area has space for 1 or 2 (small) tents. The drive way can host a motorhome or a caravan. Included are WiFi, acces to a water hose, an electricity extension cord, wood for the fire pit, and you can use the guest bathroom inside our house (toilet, shower, and little sink) just for yourselves.
If your camping experience isn't what you expected because your tent is leaking, or your artic sleeping bag turns out not to be as warm you thought, we have a spare guest bedroom with a double bed for 500 nok/50 eur a night.
Our house is located on a hill with a beautiful view, between Flesland airport and Bergen city center, and five minutes by car from the Lagunen shopping mall. It is easily accessible by public transport and/or car (parking place available at the house) from both the city and the airport.
The nearest supermarket is a close five minute walk. The golf course is just down the hill. And there are many playgrounds in the area.
There are some nice walks around, for example the Siljustølen park and Smøråsfjellet. You can be at the foot of the 7 hills of Bergen or Fanafjellet within a 30 minute drive.
During the summer months we have the trampoline out, where restless kids (or adults) can enjoy a jump with a great view.
We love to explore Norway with our kids and would be happy to share some suggestions of where to go and what to see.
Extra services (only upon request in advance, and might not always be available):
- airport pick-up, drop off, 200 nok/20 eur per trip
- breakfast (vegetarian), 50 nok/5 eur pp
- lunch package (vegetarian), 50 nok/5 eur pp
- dinner (vegetarian), 150 nok/15 eur pp
- bike rent, 200 nok/20 eur per bike per day (including helmet)
- car rent, Nissan Leaf (seats 5), 500 nok/50 eur per day (toll included)
- duvet and pillow, 50 nok/5 eur per set
- washing machine and dryer, 50 nok/5 eur for wash and dry.
Possible pain points:
- Please note that it can be cold at night when camping in Norway, also in summer.
- You might hear traffic during the day, because the main road and the bybanen crossing are about 50 meters away from the house. At night and in the weekends, you can enjoy the sounds of a nearby stream, and the birds on an early spring morning.
We prefer to host one booking at a time. Preferably a family, a couple, or people that share our love for nature and tranquility. If you are looking for a place to crash after a night of partying, this is not the place for you :-)
We are looking forward to share this experience of Campspace with you.
- Family & kids
- The view
- Bring your own tent
- Bring your own caravan
- Bring your own motorhome
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
What's it like
Quiet time between 22:00 pm and 07:00 am.
Dogs allowed, but please clean after them. Dogs should be tied up at all times.
A small campfire in the grill ring is allowed.
How to reach this micro camping
Car park in front of the house.
There should be enough space for 3 cars.
Checking in and out
Please contact me by email (mostly available between 06:30 am and 22:00 pm) and I will respond as soon as I have the opportunity.
Things to do in the area